About Me

My photo
I'm celebrating my Weight Loss! I had RNY in October and have lost 64 lbs since! Each day is a learning process and a new discovery. I finally am able to look in the mirror and like seeing the woman who looks back at me. I love to cook and entertain. I enjoy all types of events and look forward to becoming a more active participant instead of a spectator!

Monday, May 26, 2008

To Gain or Not to Gain.... that is the question

I just returned from a wonderful extended weekend of camping and am now concered about my weight. I have an upcoming appointment at the surgeon's office and to see the nutrionist. Did I gain weight? More than those 3 lbs. I lost? I surely feel like it. I'm nervous as hell. I did go and get my pre-surgery psych-evaluation. I was surprised by the length of the pen & paper testing. Then I met with the Dr. for about 45 minutes and she asked me why I wanted to have the surgery and what I was hoping to gain from it.. how long I've been overweight etc.

She said I shouldn't have any problems getting approval from the insurance company, but with all the upbeat positive responses I'm getting from her, my own PCP and my surgeon, it only makes me worry more about getting my hopes up and having the rug ripped out from under me with a big fat NO from the insurance company. Only time will tell, and I'm anticipating my answer mid to late June.

I've also been contemplating which surgery is right for me. My PCP seems to think the gastric bypass is the one that would benefit my health and me, but I've also been thinking about the LapBand.

I'm really scared right now, even though I know I don't need to be.... since I don't even have a surgery date OR approval. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. I have my last pre-approval test this week. It's the Echocardiogram.

Wish me luck!

No comments: